Friday, April 18, 2008

The long awaited hair cut!!!

BEFORE: bushy, long, full, stragly, a mullet...





AFTER: short and sweet





Max had his first hair cut today. And it was about time! It was getting TOO long, but I think it actually passed that phase months ago, I was just the regular procrastinater. But now I am so glad I did! It looks so much better! And I did it at home myself, in the kitchen. I usually cut hair (I do Rich, Sophie and Peter too) in the shower for an easier clean up, but figured Max would do better strapped in his highchair. I tried to cover him up with the plastic cover-up - but that was too much of a distraction. It worked better to just take his shirt off and clean him off after. And we needed snacks. We fed him everything from cheetios to BLACk licorice! Yes, he LOVES BLACK LICORICE!! Strange, I know. But whatever keeps him happy while cutting his hair! And it worked. He thought the buzzing of the clippers was SO funny. He wiggled a lot, but wasn't fussy at all. I think he looks a lot more like a boy now, and a little less like a baby. And it makes him look a little more like Peter. So for all of you that have been telling me to just do it already, the deed is finally done!

2 comments:

jfasioe said...

so when can I get a haircut?

Natalie said...

Cute haircut! I remember when Cameron's cute baby hair started looking like a mullet...how funny!