Thursday, April 10, 2008

Marble Fun


Ever wonder what we do all day??? This is it, at least this week anyway. The boys especially LOVE to play marble towers. Pete got it for Christmas 2 years ago, and it was a wise investment. I build it up, and they put the marbles down. Max LOVES it because we hear lots of 'WOW's out of him while we play. It's one of his few words, and yes, I count wow as a word. When pickin's are slim you take what you can get. I try to pick up the mess and put it away at the end of the day (well I have them do it) but it magically re-appears the next morning. But it's OK, it's lots of fun! Especially now that I'm not too worried about Max and the marbles. We've done it enough that he knows the marbles go in the toy and run all the way down to the bottom. And then we do it all over again. Peter likes to put ALL the marbles in at once. It makes for a great race, and usually a stuck marble or two. Max will plop the marbles in at any location. Top, middle or bottom of the track. As long as it rolls down, he doesn't care. I do occasionally find one in his mouth, but he knows the routine. I squeeze his cheeks, and out pops the wet marble into my hand. Then he usually grabs it and puts it back down the marble tower. It's a good system. But back to my boys and the fun they both have with this awesome toy. And one of the best parts is that there is no fighting! There is enough track and enough marbles to make everyone happy! Isn't it great to be a kid.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

This looks like so much fun! I'll have to remember it for future gifts for the boys! CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BABY!!! Wow...four under age 5! You guys are sure courageous! You're due in August? We'll have to meet up next time we're in Utah!