Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gimme 5

5 things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Just finishing my first semester at Rick's College (BYU Idaho). Having just moved there in September without knowing any of my roommates, anyone in Rexburg, the state of Idaho or anyone in the USA for that matter (besides family in Arizona). What an exciting time in my life.
2. Walking everywhere. I didn't own a car.
3. Loving taking the backseat on campus. In high school I was ra-ra-involved in everything from drama to band to student counsel to yearbook. Call me a nerd or whatever. I loved not being involved in anything. But at college no one had any expectations of me and so I didn't live up to them or fall short of them. I was a new me. It was a nice break. Now, as it turns out, I would like to be a little more of my high school self and be more involved in everything going on around me again.
4. Eating like a college student. A lot of cereal, rice, frozen pizza and brownies. Not all together in case you were wondering.
5. Dating? Yes. And of course I thought I would marry everyone I dated. Turns out I settled down and dated the same guy for over a year. That was the longest relationship I'd ever had. And no, it wasn't Rich. We didn't date that long.


5 things to do on my to-do list today:
1. Laundry
2. Mop the floor
3. Make layered jello with 12 layers. For dinner tomorrow. We are having Thanksgiving early tomorrow.
4. Make 6 pumpkin pies. I love pumpkin pie!
5. Take Sophie to tumbling and pick up the kids Halloween pictures from Target. Finally!


5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Apples
2. Cookies/cake (no frosting)/brownies
3. Raw almonds with bittersweet chocolate chips
4. Warm homemade bread with homemade jam on top
5. cheese sticks


5 things I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. Buy a house
2. Invest in Rich's business so it can be all that he wants it to be
3. Save money for the kids college/missions and weddings. So their wedding can be the ones in their dreams (and my dreams)
4. Take a Disney trip with my family and visit all the Disneyland's in the world, and do it with no expense spared.
5. Do service missions in South America where you get to build houses, schools and churches for those that need it.


5 places I have lived:
1. Canada
2. Idaho
3. Iowa
4. Pennsylvania
5. Utah


5 Jobs I've had
1. Sales girl at a shoe store
2. Domino's pizza delivery girl
3. Blockbuster
4. Waitress
5. Apartment Manager


5 Holiday Foods or Traditions I Love:
1. Pumpkin Pie!!! One of my first memories of me and Rich together is Thanksgiving 8 years ago. We weren't dating, but I spent Thanksgiving at his house (another story for sure). We ate a whole pumpkin pie between the two of us for breakfast one morning. It must have been love...
2. St. Nicholas Day. December 5th. We leave a shoe outside of our bedroom door and St. Nicholas leaves a small gift that fits in the shoe (earrings, toy cars, candy) if we've been good. Or coal if we've been bad. I did it all growing up, and we have carried it on with our kids.
3. Dressing up for dinner. We've always worn next to our Sunday best for all special holiday meals. No jeans and T's allowed. I think it makes dinner taste even better when you treat it so special. You go to all that hard work to prepare delicious food and have a beautiful table. The least we can do is dress the part. I can't believe some people actually wear super casual clothes to those dinners.
4. Valentines Breakfast. We pull out our hand wash only fine china. Do up the table all fancy like, and make a gourmet breakfast. And of course cupid leaves his little gift on everyone's plate.
5. Not a real holiday. But we always go out to ice cream when the first snow of the year falls. We love ice cream!!!

Thanks for the tag. I love tags too. You always find out interesting things about others, and even yourself when you do them. And when I'm in a blogging lull they help break the ice.

1 comment:

Tawna Searle said...

this was fun to read. I told Justin about the pie and we agreed it must have been love. he he he.