Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Reading Fun

While I was doing laundry this morning Sophie came in and said "I can read this book mom..." I told her to go ahead, not really thinking she could do ALL of it. So she started and went and went on reading the whole thing!!! I only had to help her with three words. EIGHT, NINE, and VERY. She got the rest on her own. Sure some of the pictures helped her figure out the words, but she still did it and I am one proud mama today!!! Way to go Sophie, I love you!!

1 comment:

Tawna Searle said...

That is so awesome. We've been reading a novel series, to the boys at night while they lay in there beds, and today Kaimen wanted to read it after school so we sat on the coach and I read. after a page he asked if I could read a word and point and then let his read it. It was so cute! So we read 2 pages like this and by the end he picked up a few word; the, on, in, etc. I was also a very proud mother today! Awesome. Of course Sophie is much more advanced. But i'm very glad Kaimen was interested, that was the most exciting part!