Sunday, November 2, 2008

Rest at last

What a crazy week!!! Party after party and then some. I haven't had a chance to do any blogging or anything for myself all week. We were lucky to have clean underwear I was so busy!!! But now it's over. And I have caught up on my blog, so scroll down to see how it all went.
And on another subject. Last week Rich and I were called in to meet with the stake presidency. He was called to be the executive secretary for our amazing bishop. He was sad to think about being released from his cub master calling which he loves. So the good news there was that he gets to have both callings for a little while. That just means he'll be twice as busy for a while and then just super busy after that. Now he'll have more meetings to attend and more phone calls to make. All after getting home from work around 6:30-7:00pm on a good night. We are excited for this new opportunity in our lives, and the chance he has to work so closely with some truly inspirational and spiritual men in our ward. He had this calling for 4 years in Iowa, and looks forward to some of the same blessings he had there. The opportunity to really get to know the ward members on a different level, and the opportunity to become so close to the leaders in the ward. I also know that in any calling we have ever had that our family has been richly blessed as we strive to serve diligently and faithfully. The Lord loves us and gives us chances to grow and stretch our wings in a variety of different ways. In our families, callings, jobs, and trials. I love this gospel and have a strong testimony of the truthfulness of it.

1 comment:

Alan and Lynette said...

You guys HAVE been SOOOOO busy! All over the place. You're kids are darling:) And I love that you guys are so good at taking advantage of the Halloween festivities:) I was totally jealous when you were in IF! Wished we were there!
I can't wait to see pics of your hair!!! SHORT?!? Fun:)