Thursday, November 20, 2008

I conquered the problem!



About a month ago I was totally fed up with the toy problem in our basement. I was just about ready to throw them all away. Then I had a lightbulb moment! And now to back up a step. For since ever and ever the toys in the house have been kept on the shelves of our food storage room (behind the door at the bottom of the stairs). Random I know - but it seemed to work... Toys were always pulled off the shelves and dumped right there at the bottom of the stairs always being steped on and kicked. And then being shoved into the food storage when we had to do a mad clean up. I HATED IT!!! I did some surveing of the basement to try and think of a solution. I have a rarely used craft room in the basement. And voila!! The solution was as clear as mud. A little clean up of my Monica's closet, put up our stored toy shelf. Buy new toy buckets and I can breath again... It only took a weekend, a little blood and some needed purging and we are a toy happy home. There is enough room for the kids to dump buckets out and for me to not care! The clear and mtaching and labled buckets make for super easy clean up too. The new buckets are the perfect size for the shelves, and they all match. Perfect organization for me, happiness for everyone. And now that it is a month later, I can safely say that this was the best thing I have done in a long time.

5 comments:

Janalynn said...

Where did you get the shelf? That looks perfect for any home organization. I need that too!

Muir Family said...

I need it too-where did you get the shelf, and could i borrow you for a weekend and use your skills. I wish my toys looked like that!! Way to go!!

JaNece said...

I am totally impressed. I love organizing and this is awesome. It makes me want to tackle our basement/kids toys/EVERY room in house! Thanks for the inspiration.

Kierstin said...

Order: it's a BEAUTIFUL thing! good job!

Tawna Searle said...

Wow, heather you have more toys then I have ever seen, no wounder it was horrible. That is the best feeling to get organized. Great job! Have you seen my closet and laundry organization, I love it!