Thursday, November 13, 2008

She is ONLY five years old...




Today when picking Sophie up from school she was telling me a little about her day she was interrupted by a tap on the shoulder. A quick exchange of flowers from his hand to hers, and he was off. Sophie was so confused... I asked who he was. Cameron. But she wasn't really paying attention to me. Her attention was on the scenery of dead leaves all over the ground around her and in her tender innocent voice said "I don't know where these came from, I don't see any flowers anywhere..." She thought he must have picked them. I had to explain that they were a gift from Cameron because he thought she was a special friend. I had to admit I was a little jealous... My special friend hasn't given me flowers in quite some time. And no, left over flowers from the office don't count.

Turns out, Sophie has more than this one admirer. In parent teacher conferences last week her teacher told us about them. There is another one that likes to take care of Sophie. And she said Sophie is a really good friend. Always watching out for others, especially those that need friends. She is so sweet and thoughtful. It was so nice to have another grown up notice the same thing I do about my darling daughter. She had a good report.

2 comments:

Janalynn said...

That is so sweet. Remember this day when she is 14 and the same things happen, I can't waite to read your blog then!! HEE! HEE!

Steve and Cyndi said...

Speaking of this sweet 5 year old... So, has she remembered the rest of the PINK song yet?!! How about WHITE, BLACK, or BROWN?? Can she have her teacher write them down for her?!! I SO NEED these songs! :)