Saturday, May 3, 2008

Feeding the Ducks





We had a great day at the park. It was such a beautiful day, and we needed to be outside. We weren't the only ones with that idea. There were quite a few people at the park, but not too many to be crowded by. Peter was so excited about it all morning, and HE had everything ready by the time it was time to leave. We spent more than an hour in one spot by the ducks. The bread didn't last that long, especially with Peter sometimes throwing whole pieces of bread to the ducks. One of the geese came right up to Peter and bit his finger while taking the bread! He was surprised, but not hurt. Max didn't understand throwing bread, so he held his one piece, and nibbled on it as he followed the ducks around. I also don't think he understood that the ducks were swimming in water. I kept having to hold him back, I was afraid he would walk right off the edge of the bank! He loved it. I realized when we were ready to go that one of the reasons it was such an enjoyable afternoon was because there was no fighting and crying. Just fun. I think it is good to seperate the kids sometimes. I felt like this might be something like what Rich gets to experience every daddy day. I never do special outings one on one with them. It's always all or none. Max and Peter aren't on a competing level like Sophie and Peter are, and I got to enjoy both my boys today. I had a great time, and I know they did too. Having a day like today made me feel like a good mom. I need days like that. I do the best I can, but it is nice to feel like it and see it sometimes.




No comments: