Friday, May 2, 2008

Going to Disneyland!!!

Sophie and Rich are going to Disneyland!!! This trip has been anticipated since she turned 5 years old in February and we told her they were going to go. Rich and I thought about doing it as the whole family, and then we thought about the practicality of that... Peter is TERRIFIED of any and all rides. Max is too little, and I'm 6 months pregnant. So they are going all alone. It will be more fun that way. No fighting, crying, or being held back. We decided that we will make this a family tradition and take each kid when they turn 5 years old. Rich takes the girls and I take the boys. A fun one-on-one trip. So far that means I get to go 3 times and he only gets to go this once (he somehow thinks this is unfair and has already told me that he is jealous of me)!! So we've talked about this trip for months, but the plan was only put into action about 2 weeks ago! So fun for them!!! I took them to the airport this morning for their flight that left at 7am! We were up before 5am!!! Sophie asked me why the sun was still sleeping, and why we were waking up in the middle of the night. She is usually the hardest to wake up in the morning, but today, even at the early hours, she popped right up!!!! I KNOW they will have the time of their lives... And to tell you the truth, I think Rich is more excited than Sophie. He is a little kid when it comes to Disneyland. A couple of people have said not to take her so young and she won't remember. We disagree. She will have pictures and movies and WE will remember. The trip is really only half about her anyway. Plus she is at that magical age. She still thinks the princesses are real, and live at Disneyland. The magic is alive! This is a fairytale come true!!

PS-notice the FIRST time I have put video onto my blog.... We got a new camcorder! And I am really proud of myself for figuring out how to post the video here on the blog. It did take FOREVER by the way, but well worth it!

We haven't had a video camera for years. Poor Max isn't recorded at all on tape! We're onto new and better things. If the kids think we're crazy with picture taking, they are in for something new! I am so excited to record things on our new camera!!!

No comments: