Saturday, May 17, 2008

Laser Tag

My friend Biffy organized this great event! Outdoor Laser Tag! There is a company based out of Orem that comes to you were ever you want (we were at Barnes Park in Kaysville) and sets it all up, and does it all for you to make the night super fun(it was $10/person for the laser tag)! I'll get the website to you later. I was excited about it from the first time she told me. The night was a huge group date with 17 couples in all. Some of them were new faces and some were old faces we hadn't seen in a while. She organized dinner at 6:30pm. $10/couple, not bad!! Sometimes that is so the better alternative to potluck. And dinner was really yummy! The games started as the sun went down and we played till the curfew of the park. 11pm (that's right, we were there for almost 5 hours!)! We were randomly split into 2 teams and played all sorts of different games. All with the same two rules. 1. Don't get dead. 2. Get some (kill the enemy). I wasn't super sucessful at either. My 6 1/2 month belly felt more like a 10 month belly as I ran and ran, at a somewhat slower pace than my team mates. And crawling or laying on the ground? Didn't really happen for me. Why was I invited again! I wouldn't exactly have called myself a strength to my team, but I still had so much fun. (I guess there is a good imitation of me running/waddling around that I haven't seen yet. All in good fun, right??) So as the guys were explaining the rules and what not they pulled out the guns and the head gear. Apparently Rich and I were the only ones that thought the head sets were a little special looking and we were secretly laughing to each other when they held them up! But it was all in good fun, and at least all 34 of us looked a little goofy together! I am sad to report that my team, the blue team, or team Bravo, was the loosing team. In each game. And I think we played 5 games! But win or loose, we all had so much fun! Thanks Biffy!!! Let's do it again sometime...
Look at all those dangerous weapons!The whole group
Cool special effects!

SOOOO fun!!

3 comments:

jfasioe said...

My favorite line of the night was "What about the guy that got her pregnant?" And no, I'm not gonna leave an explanation. I'll let everyone who reads this imply whatever they want.

JaNece said...

What fun! And you're a good sport being pregnant and all! But so cute, too! :)

Steve and Cyndi said...

What a GREAT idea! Looks like it was a LOT of fun!