Thursday, May 29, 2008

SHE DID IT!!!!!











Two days ago Sophie called me outside to show me what she thought she could do. Ride her bike. She didn't quite have it, but with a little help she could get a peddle or two around before loosing her balance. The next day was a whole different story. She was really doing it. So much so that I could sit in front of the house and just watch her! She can start on her own and keep going on her own. She has somehow mastered the art of two wheel bike riding, mostly on her own, with a few short lessons here and there from mom and dad, and even the neighbor girls during the past few weeks. When it was all official and there was no turning back we were both SOOO excited. I don't know whose face was beaming brighter, hers or mine. And I told her we would buy her a helmet just as soon as she could ride on her own. So sure enough, to be true to my word, last night at 8:30pm she and I went on a mommy date and picked her out a helmet. Barbie. It came with elbow and knee pads that she had to model as soon as we walked in the door. Well modeling came with a plea to try it out. And there we were last night using the last of the days light to watch our baby girl ride all around the culdisac over and over and over. And now that's all she wants to do is get out there and ride her bike. What a great way to start the summer. I am SO proud of Sophie. I knew she could do it!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for Sophie!! :) That's a good accomplishment! :)