Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend Projects


Well, for a lot of people Memorial Day Weekend is full of exciting plans like family camp outs, BBQ's to your hearts content and many more fun summer kick off activities. When I was in College I worked a summer in Island Park, ID. We spent more than a month gearing up for the BIG weekend of Memorial Day. And we were packed! So many fishers and campers and vacationers. We are usually right there with you, but this year we had other plans in mind. We had household projects to accomplish. Our list was just right for the long weekend. We got it all done. Including our storage room. We have two. One is dedicated to food and toys (weird combo I know, but it works) and the other is a regular storage room. Our major project was tackling the first. We took EVERYTHING out and sorted/organized. And then put it all back. It took longer than expected, of course! But SO worth it. It needed to be done so badly! Rich conveniently had to leave during the cleaning time. He said all that dust bothered him. So I had to do it solo... But now the hundreds of cans of wheat, rice, potatoes, elbow macaroni, jars, etc. and other food are super organized! And the toys are all in their right boxes, clearly labeled (for those who can read!!). I am so happy with the job that I find myself wandering down to the basement to just look at the room. How silly is that ?! But the sense of accomplishment feels so good.
We did other smaller projects that are actually part of larger projects that need to be done, but everything on our list was crossed off and we still had time to go to a BBQ on Monday night. That was fun. We took our HUGE bowl of macaroni salad (anyone want some, we still have leftovers) and had a great night visiting with friends. We really need to do that more often. Rich and I were introduced to the fun world of this fun Band Game on PS2. See, I don't even really know what the name of it is. We are so out of the loop. But it's like Guitar Hero, but with the whole band! We loved it and would love to play again. We (ok, I) have some skills that need to be improved upon. Technology is so interesting. What will they come up with next?
The best part of our project weekend was just having Rich home. And the fact that we didn't HAVE to go anywhere, or really DO anything we didn't want to. Love that.

4 comments:

Muir Family said...

When I had a big storage room--I too was known to wander down and just stare at it. It looks great, I'm very envious!!!

jfasioe said...

Rockband! We'll have to do it again. You guys rocked

Steve and Cyndi said...

that's one of my favorite games (organize) and I find myself admiring my own work as well as other's! I even dream about things I can organize and how to do it!

Kierstin said...

love it, love it, love it!!! You are a girl after my own heart (labeler and all) :) I cannot wait to get into my storage room and clean and organize everything when our basement is finished......aaaaahhhhh! It's driving me crazy.