Friday, May 2, 2008

My New Camera!!!!!!

I have been waiting and waiting so patiently - well I added that in - for so long now I can't even count. It is only fair to describe it as feeling like Christmas! I have wanted a new camera for several years now. But I have desperatly NEEDED one for over a year now. My now old camera has taken on a life of its own. Which is NO life. It turns off when I want it to turn on. Sometimes even new batteries don't last more than 3-4 pictures. Really not an exageration. Rich and I have been agressively saving any and all loose change as well as all one dollar bills for almost 5 months now, and I had enough. We took the saved money (which was more than I thought, $100) and added a some extra and bought this one. I bought a good one, assuming it would have to last a while. And I felt like I deserved a good camera. Especially since I take so many pictures. We did some homework and decided on this. It was a little splurge, but well worth it. (Anything would have been an improvement on our old Kodak EasyShare 3.2 Mega Pixel from early 2003.) But we got The Nikon S600. It has 10Megapixels, and is currently the fastest camera on the market. And it has some really great features. One of the cool ones worth mentioning is the continous shot. It takes up to 10 pictures in a row while you hold down the button. So you would get everything while you shot a summersault or something! We bought a memory card, and it holds more than 1300 pictures or more (depending on the quality chosen). The old memory card in my old camera held 40 pictures. So I was always worried about deleting some, or choosing what to take to save room for important ones later. Not to mention always being on guard about the AA battery situation. I am now thrilled. And although we ordered it with the hopes of Rich being able to take it to Disneyland, I am secretly happy that it came a day late, because I will be able to play around with it this weekend. It is MY camera. The camcorder (which Rich is also using to take still pictures this weekend) is Rich's. It feels good to feel normal again. At least in the camera world.

No comments: