Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Jello Salad Recipe

(The above video was supposed to be on this entry, but it didn't work. I love all the old Bill Cosby Jello commercials! They're the best, and so is jello! J-E-L-L-O)
Last night we had a family BBQ for Labor Day and it was my job to bring a salad or side dish. It was my plan to make a jello salad (yummy!) but at 5:50pm I got home from the store and the BBQ was at 6:30pm, clearly not enough time for anything jello to set. So, we called my sister in law for her recipe because we thought it was a fast one. It was, and here it is.


Jello Junk Salad (I take personal liberty to rename recipes to my fancy)
1 tub of cool whip
1 (24 oz) tub of cottage cheese
1 small box of any flavor jello (sprinkle over the cool whip & cottage cheese & mix together)
add anything else you want
(that's why it's called junk salad, you just throw a bunch of junk in!)


we put in crushed pinneapple & mini colored marshmallows, more examples could be any kind of fruit, nuts, coconut, etc. It was so yummy and was all eaten up before the night was through. Now I can expand my jello recipes from one to two. Try it out!

No comments: