Sunday, September 2, 2007

My Old Journal

I found my old journal that I had written when I was 12yrs old. How embarrassing!! That was my first thought, especially when Rich wanted to read it! No Way. So, I have been reading it and reliving those memories. I have been sharing my journal entries with Rich after I read them to make sure it's OK. Some memories are good, and some bad. Boy girls are mean to each other at that age. And I was boy crazy! I was always liking a different boy (I will not be sharing any names). And I didn't make it on the volleyball team. That was a sore spot in my journal entries for a month. It's funny the things that are important at the time, looking back, most of those things don't matter. But I can see that the foundation for the rest of my life was starting to take shape. I had written goals, things like wanting to get married in an LDS Temple, and the kind of mother I wanted to be. I also realize that even at that age, family was really important to me. I also love my mom more today after realizing some of what I put her through. Sorry about that. I'm so glad that I wrote in a journal back then. I hope my kids do too. It's fun, and embarrassing to look back.

No comments: