Monday, September 17, 2007

Mommy Time

I have a daily schedule that I try to abide by. It helps me balance my day and get all the monotonous things of life done, like the laundry and dishes. It also keeps me from spending too much time on the computer or scrapbooking. Included each day are several "mommy times" . This is time where all of my attention is devoted to the kids. And they get to pick our activity. And it is usually when Max is asleep, so I can fully participate and so Max doesn't ruin anything. If it's not mommy time they may not get me to sit down and play a round of Candy Land or play barbies. I can't play all day... Can I? So, they go around asking me when it is mommy time. This morning for mommy time we went outside and picked wild flowers. Max was with us, but he wasn't is the way because he just sat in the stroller and enjoyed the cool weather and watched. The kids loved it because I let them use scissors and cut flowers themselves. It took a while doing it that way, but it is what they wanted to do. This afternoon we made cookie dough. Not cookies. We made it and then sat at the counter together and ate it with spoons. Yummy!! I love cookie dough, and so do my kids. My brother-in-law, Aaron, taught us that you can substitute 1 TBSP milk for 1 egg if you just want to eat the cookie dough!!!

No comments: