Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Today is the day!!



This afternoon after Max's nap I was feeling inside of his mouth, like I sometimes do, and amongst all the gumminess I found something sharp and poky! A tooth!!! Max finally has a tooth! I couldn't believe it. He has been teething for months with nothing to show for it, until now. (His temperament has been completely normal, unlike those bad days when I knew he was teething, and there was nothing there. Nothing but tears and drool!) As I called the kids over they came running across the room. Sophie's first reaction was "Can I see it??" and Peter's was "Now he can eat a fruit snack!!!" Much to Sophie's dismay there is really nothing to see yet except for a little grey indent on the bottom front of his mouth, but I ran her washed finger across the tooth so she could feel it, and she was so excited. She had to call her dad at work right away, but he was with a patient, so she told Julie, his secretary. We are so excited for Max!! I can also tell Max is excited. He keeps making these funny faces to himself and chews on nothing but air.

No comments: