Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Preschool

Today Sophie started Preschool! She was so excited, and so was I. (At the end of the school year last year I was so ready to be finished with her preschool, her playgroup, and her singing class. I needed a break from the early routines and all the picking up and dropping off, especially since Max was such a tiny baby. But these last few weeks I have been noticing that I need some routine again. I have been struggling on my own to find it, and I know Preschool will help.) I am doing a neighborhood preschool. All of us 7 moms will take turns teaching every 7 weeks at our own homes. And we have work books and pencil crayons for each kid to keep and to put in their backpacks. (When we got those I realized her little backpack would not do, so we got to go to the store and pick one out! She loved it and wore it on her back in the store till we were done shopping. Of course it is pink!) I love the fact that Preschool is on Tues & Thurs from 10 - 12:30. The later start will make my life a little easier, without the usual morning rush. Last year we were not usually the first one there on account of Sophie sleeping in, not wanting to get out of bed, slow eating of breakfast, feeding or changing the baby at the last minute, doing - and fighting about doing - her hair, and the list goes on. Today was wonderful and there were no problems with getting ready for preschool. She even let me do her hair!! That never happens. I did it in her favorite style, down with clips. I am also looking forward to having some one on one time with Peter. If Max keeps his schedule, he should sleep the entire time Sophie is at Preschool and then I can get a few things done, and spend time with Peter. (Last year when Sophie was in preschool I was working, with Peter at work with me. It was not easy, but that's another story...) I also think the sibling rivalry the last few weeks is partly due to boredom on their part. Sophie needs something different (ie: preschool and more structure) to help her. She will love spending more time with her friends and having her special time at school. So yeah for preschool!!!


No comments: