Thursday, September 27, 2007

My Twin Boys

Well, they aren't really twins, and I don't exactly wish for twins - but it sure is fun to dress them alike. Last night we went to the store for a few things and ended up buying some kids clothes too. All three of them are in desperate need of winter clothes, so we got them a few things. I couldn't resist buying the boys matching shirts!! Rich just rolls his eyes at the whole thing, but I think it's so cute! So, today they had to wear the new duds. (I always had dreams of having little girls close enough in age where I could put them in matching fluffy dresses for church, and matching everything cute and pink - but that was not my fate. If we ever do have another girl, she will be too far from Sophie to wear matching clothes. So I will have to be satisfied with my twin boys in matching stripe shirts and overalls - which is still way cute.) Sophie needed some pants, and while I was looking at things for the boys, she and Rich wandered to the shoes section where they found a pair of bright, shiny and ugly pink cowgirl boots in just the right size. Sophie was desperate for them. When I broke her heart and dreams by saying no then Niagara falls erupted and the tears didn't stop till we got home. I thought all was forgotten by this morning when she was getting her shoes on for preschool. She found her cute cowgirl boots that are now too small and said "I'm not going to have any summer boots if you don't let me get those pink ones from the store!!" I'm not really sure why she was calling them summer boots, but I could still feel the hurt in her voice that she didn't have the new boots. My poor dear! I was thankful when Peter put his old Buzz light up running shoes from last year and they still fit!! One less thing to buy, and he still loves them! Max hates shoes, even socks bring about kicks and screams. He really likes his bare feet, probably because that's all he's ever known. Shoes have never fit him, thanks to his fat feet!! We'll need to find some for this winter, or his feet will freeze.

I really wanted to take a picture of the boys in their cute matching clothes, and Peter didn't want to, surprise!! So, I used the good old reliable bribe of butterscotch chips if he would sit with Max for a picture. He wanted to sit with his hands and feet spread in the air with his mouth wide open saying "CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE" He asked me if he did that if he would get more chips. I said no. Just a little (he thinks it's big) handful. The nice thing about this bribe that I use is that it makes everyone happy. He gets his treat, and I get my picture...

No comments: