Monday, September 17, 2007

The Poopy 'Accident'

Today I had my visiting teachers over and Peter called me from the bathroom. I thought he wanted me to come and wipe his bum. (Sorry to be so graphic) But no, he had pooped in his underpants and I was so mad! He hasn't done that forever. He has been fully potty trained for months now. Luckily it wasn't super messy, so I cleaned him up and gave him a stern talking to. What else could I do while my friends were over? Well, tonight dinner was almost ready and guess what? He did it again! (How does something like this happen twice in one day???) I was irate!! And this time it was grosser to clean up and I lost my temper a little. I used a very strong voice (OK I yelled at him) and told him how disappointed I was and that he was a big boy, big boys don't do this, etc. etc.... Things like this aren't supposed to happen, ever, when your kid is potty trained!!!!!And this time when cleaning him off I didn't exactly wait for the shower to warm up, he had to take a cold shower. While dressing him again I was still upset at him about his poopy mess and he said to me, with those cute puppy dog eyes "Maybe you need to take a nap, and then you'll feel better." I was still mad, but he made me laugh and I felt better.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I can't stop laughing!!! I know this isn't supposed to be funny but the picture........... and I really just can't picture you yelling!!